Enrolment @ Macquarie
Welcome to Enrolment @ Macquarie
Postgraduate Enrolment Steps for new domestic students
Please complete all of the steps below, paying particular attention to steps 1 and 2.
- Obtain your Macquarie Student ID number. UAC applicants can obtain their ID online here. Students who have received an offer directly can find their ID number on the top of their offer letter
- Login to eStudent with your MQ ID. Go to "Click here for Login assistance" to obtain your password.
- While in eStudent you will need to complete the following:
- Select the My Offers tab, choose the offer you wish accept and follow the prompts.
- Complete an eCAF (Commonwealth Assistance Form).
- Postgraduate students who receive a Domestic Fee Paying place (DFEE) will only need to complete an eCAF if they wish to apply for FEE-HELP. For further information on domestic fee-paying places visit: www.studentadmin.mq.edu.au/fees/dfp.html.
- Please be advised that if you have received a Commonwealth Supported Place (CSP) whether or not you wish to pay your student fees upfront you must complete a HECS-HELP form. (International students do not need to complete an eCAF).
How to complete an eCAF (pdf)
- All domestic postgraduate students enrolled in a full-time load of study with at least one unit on-campus per session at North Ryde are required to pay a Student Amenities Fee. Australian citizens can defer payment by completing the SA-HELP form.
- Check that all your details are correct. eg. contact details, residency and citizenship.
If you wish to obtain credit for previous studies you must lodge your request prior to coming on campus. Visit the Credit for Previous Studies page for further information about credit for previous studies and lodging your request. Please be advised that if you are a previous Macquarie student returning to a program, your credit will automatically be assesed so you will not be required to complete this form.
You are now ready to move onto Step 2
Academic Advising and Enrolment information
Academic Advising for postgraduate students is dependant on the course you have received an offer for. Some courses have compulsory advising while others do not.
For Orientation advice, contact your Faculty/Department or course convenor.|
The Faculty of Science: 02 9850 6000
The Faculty of Human Sciences: 02 9850 9898
The Faculty of Arts: 02 9850 6783
The Faculty of Business and Economics: 02 9850 1060
For Writing resources and workshops, visit: http://www.ling.mq.edu.au/support/academic_literacy_pg_core.htm
You are now ready to move onto Step 4.
Fees, Campus Card and Transport Concessions
- Both Course Fees and Student Amenities Fees for Session 2, 2013 are due on 26 July 2013.
- For further information including how to pay your fees Click Here.
- To collect your Campus Card and Transport concession (if eligible) go to: C10A The Atrium from 22 July 2013 until 26 July 2013. Outside of these times please go to C5C 244. You are required to provide an original copy of current official photographic identification to collect your card (e.g., Australian drivers license, passport or proof of age card).Please make sure you read some important information about the Campus Card and Your Privacy.
- Your Campus Card comes with an optional prepaid MasterCard banking facility offered by the CBA. If you do not wish to have a card with a prepaid MasterCard banking facility you can have an Access Card instead. The Access Card will not have the prepaid MasterCard facility, the MasterCard log or the CBA details on the back but in all other respects it will be the same as the Campus Card. Please make sure you read some important information about these options and the way in which the University handles your personal information depending on which card you choose, in the Campus Card and Your Privacy Statement.
You are now ready to move onto Step 5.
Have you completed the following:
- Obtained your student ID number
- Accepted your offer on eStudent
- Completed your eCAF on eStudent (if applicable)
- Checked that all your details are correct on eStudent
- Checked your academic advising schedule and fulfilled the relevant requirements
- Enrolled in your units and classes
You are now ready to move onto Step 6.
If you have completed Steps 1-6 Congratulations and Welcome to Macquarie University.
Click the links for more information